Become a Therapy Team
PAWS is currently accepting membership applications
for prospective pet therapy teams.
Click here to complete the PAWS for People Membership Application!
Questions about our membership process?
Watch our training video below to walk you through the steps to becoming a PAWS therapy team!
Following are the steps which need to be completed
in order to become a PAWS therapy team member:
1. Application & Forms
- Complete online application – fill in as many answers as possible
- Download and review Standards of Excellence (STEX) handbook
Concerned that your pet needs to work on a few behaviors? Click here
for information on our "What Every Therapy Dog Needs to Learn" class.
- Phone intake interview (you will be contacted by PAWS for this)
- Orientation paperwork (will be sent to you via email)
2. Attend Orientation/Standards of Excellence (STEX) Workshop
3. Pass STEX Test
4. Attend PAWS Basic Training (membership fee paid at this time*)
5. Schedule assisted first visit with PAWS staff
Congratulations – you are now a PAWS therapy team!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.